Strawberry Cream Cheese Filo Napoleon with Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 1First make the chocolate sauce:
- 2heat the milk, whipping cream in a saucepan.
- 3Beat the sugar and egg yolk to the ribbon stage, that is thick and pale.
- 4Slowly whisk the hot milk into the whisked eggs.
- 5Return the mixture to the pan. Cook over a very low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- 6Strain the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate and stir until incorporated.
- 7Secondly make the Napoleon:
- 8Layout the filo pastry on working table, brush each sheet with melted butter
- 9Stack each shseet together and place into a preaheated oven 200C and bake until slightly golden and crispy, let cool completely then cut baked filo into 16 rectangle shape
- 10Whisk cheese with milk until smooth, add in icing sugar, grated orange peel and vanilla.
- 11Gently place cream mixture into a piping bag, gently squeeze out mixture over 1st layer of filo then lay strawberries slices then top with 2nd layer of filo repeat the steps until reached the 4th layer of filo,
- 12Repeat step 4 to make total 4 napoleon
- 13Pour chocolate sauce on plate and place 2 napoleon on top of sauce and sprinkly with icing sugar over napoleon.