Strawberries Chocolate Cake (6 – 8 Servings)
- 1Make the cake:
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter bottom and side of 7” springform pan . Line with baking paper.
- 3Place chocolate, cocoa powder and sugar in a food processor. Process until fine ground.
- 4Add boiling water and process 10 to 15 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
- 5Add butter and process for 5 seconds.
- 6Add eggs and vanilla essence. Process for about 5 seconds or until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 7Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- 8Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge of cake is puffy and centre is just set. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 9Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until ready to serve.
- 10Make the Strawberries Coulis:
- 11Combine Strawberries and sugar in a saucepan.
- 12Cook over medium heat, stir constantly, until sugar is dissolved and strawberries are soft.
- 13Strain strawberries through a sieve into a bowl.
- 14Stir in liqueur. Cover and refrigerate.
- 15Decorate the Cake:
- 16Loosen cake from pan and place it on a serving plate.
- 17Spread whipped cream over top of cake. Fill pastry bag fitted with a star tip with remaining whipped cream. Pipe rosettes over top of cake and also garnish with chocolate curls.
- 18To serve, drizzle some strawberries coulis on the sliced cake.